Monday 22 February 2016

Top 5 places to get coffee in London


Ever since I started studying at University, I began to drink coffee. Every time I drink coffee, I think back to my first year at University. I was fresh out of high school, excited to be an adult and eager to learn.  

I remember the people I met, my lecturers and the units I studied. I also remember all the coffee I drank and to this day, I can't function properly without at least one cup of coffee in my system.


I have to confess, since being in Europe I miss Australian coffee. I miss the coffee art on my morning flat white and most of all, I miss the taste of the perfected brew. I loved my time in France and I still want to return again, but the one thing I don't miss, is the coffee. 

I was excited to travel to a new country, to explore and discover new things. I have been in London for over 3 months now and I spend most of my free time finding the best coffee in London.

So, I've compiled a list of my top 5 places to get coffee in London.

1. Kaffeine in Soho. A café inspired by the coffee culture of Australia and New Zealand. Being Australian myself, this was one of the first cafés I tried in London. I loved everything about this café. My flat white was delicious and smooth and my tasty treats were indulgent.


2. The Coffee Works Project. We stumbled upon this café after walking along Southwark from the London Eye. We were tired from walking and in need of a caffeine fix! The industrial interior made it feel quirky and fun. The flat white was smooth and deliciously strong and the cakes were pretty delicious too.



3. Prufrock Coffee. After an afternoon of exploring London, it was time for some caffeination! This café was highly recommended so we decided to try it out! The people were friendly and welcoming and enjoyed a good conversation. Although, my Frenchy didn't get the coffee he ordered, we still enjoyed the experience and the coffee. With free Wifi, the modern café is a great place for an afternoon coffee or business meeting.


4. Wired Co in West Hampstead. This was one of the first coffees I had in London. I was heading to a job interview and arrived plenty early, so I had time to stop for a coffee. I stumbled passed this little café, so I decided to go in. The small café made it warm and cozy and my coffee was smooth and creamy.  The food menu looked interesting with fresh ingredients, so I'll definitely return to try!


5.  Flat White in Soho. Another Australian inspired café in London. I loved the small and intimate interior of Flat White. As soon as you walk in, you are hit with the smell of freshly brewed coffee. It's warm, cozy and the latte art is almost too nice to drink... almost!


Where is your favourite place to get coffee in London?

Head to the London Series for more tips from London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...