Monday 16 November 2015

Top 5 things to do BEFORE moving to London

My Frenchy and I decided to move to London.

I was missing the English language and I found so many job opportunities online so we made the move. 

We were fortunate enough to have a great Airbnb host and housemate who told us all the important things we should have done BEFORE we moved.


So to save you the trouble we went through, I thought I would share my top 5 tips to help make your move easier.

1. Find accommodation for longer than a few days. It's going to take a little bit of time to find accommodation and check it out before moving in. I suggest Airbnb as a great place to start. You can find some nice, affordable locations, while you look for another place. Here is a link to the Airbnb we stayed. It's a great location and the Host is so helpful.

2. Book your accommodation a couple of weeks in advance. Build up a rapport with your Host and they may be able to help and give advise, leading up to the move.


3. If you are planning on working, call ahead to the National Insurance company to secure an appointment to receive the next available appointment. Ask your host if you can use their address as it is a requirement for applying for a NI number. I booked for an appointment when I first arrived in London and I had to wait 2 weeks.

4. Plan an appointment with a bank provider to make sure you don't have to wait for the next available appointment. Schedule the appointment a couple of days after your NI number appointment. The bank won't give you an account without a permanent address or a NI number.


5. Study the transport in London. Make sure you know how to get from where you arrive in London, to your accommodation. Also, upon your arrival, get yourself an Oyster card. It makes travelling so much easier instead of buying tickets all the time. Also, the more you travel on an Oyster card, the more money you can save.

Be sure to check back soon for more tips from London.

Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...